The role of a software developer is ever-changing. Dependency management is evolving. And, you are tasked with writing code, security, and code quality. Managing all of this means that your role has become more complex. It is critical that you and your development teams have the tools you need to automate key processes. Automation boosts productivity while also improving software security and quality.
This course will walk you through what it’s like in the day of the life of the developer using Nexus IQ, and how you can become the strongest link in your supply chain. We will also explore use-case scenarios that were posed directly from customers:
- How You Can Be the Strongest Link in the Supply Chain
- The Holistic vs Micro View
- Keeping Up With New Approaches and Architecting Systems
- MORE Developer Tools
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Address and mitigate risk so that you can ship quickly
- Discuss the concept of defining intent through policy
- Identify what sort of developer level techniques and practices can you adopt early on to be in a good position to maintain a secure application
- Quickly identify which of your dependencies are direct or transitive
- Describe how running scans will help you build and view an accurate bill of materials
- Describe how the information from running scans will help you analyze your applications as they’re being built and view an accurate bill of materials
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, if you wish to learn more about additional courses that can help developers accomplish their day to day tasks while utilizing Nexus Lifecycle IQ, check out Sonatype Learn.
The target audience is developers and anyone who wants to learn more about how to use Nexus IQ to automate key processes, boost productivity, and improve software security and quality.
There are no system requirements for this course.
Note: The product version used in this course may be different than your own. The screens may have a different display, but the content and concepts remain generally the same.
Estimated Time to Complete
In this course, we’ll share our perspective of the Day in the Life of a Developer using Nexus IQ. We’ll discuss where we’ve been and what the landscape looks like in today’s environment, with an ever-changing architecture and shifting left.
Ratings and Reviews
Refer to our Glossary for more information on any of the terms used throughout this course.