After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the essential parts of the Sonatype Nexus Repository OSS security model.
- Describe how security is managed through the configuration of users, roles, and privileges.
- Discuss content selectors and how you can use them to define the path for your development teams.
- Define realms within Sonatype Nexus Repository.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
The target audience for this course is the Repository Administrator, and anyone who wants to learn more about NXRM3 security model.
Estimated Time to Complete
There are no system requirements for this course.
The Sonatype platform is available in cloud, self-hosted, and disconnected deployment options. Be advised that the visuals in this course could be sourced from any (or all) of the three. The screens may have a different display, but the content and concepts remain generally the same.
We will discuss in depth how to create and manage users, privileges, and roles in order to manage security and access control of your NXRM3. We will also touch on, but not take a deep dive into:
- Configuring LDAP (realms)
- Architecture options for NXRM3
- Common NXRM architectures
Refer to our Glossary for more information on any of the terms used throughout this course.